Monday already, time for a weekly update:
- 2.5 hours – Primary Goal – Crestfallen Kickstarter posts
- 1.5 hours – Secondary Goal – Smolensk pdf
- 1 hour – Tertiary Goal – Johnn Four Essay
- 2 hours – Social Media – Visit different Forums and write five posts
- 1.5 hours – Write long blog post and post regularly to the blog
- 2 hours+ – Fiction Goal – Little Wherry story book
- 30 mins – Weekly Plan – Freelance
All told, a difficult week for many reasons. Primarily, juggling chores and writing did not work out for me. As I was not so keen on the chores part of the week, it was all too easy to procrastinate. It was only when I tightly limited my writing that I really made progress with the party preparation. As it was, I worked hard on the party for most of Saturday, Sunday and then much of today putting the house straight again. A lot of writing, and gaming, time has been lost.
I was also plagued with technical gremlins this weekend. The power cable for my laptop stopped working, and my ill-conceived attempts to repair it only made matters worse. Fortunately, one of the guests at youngest son’s party is more technologically astute, and had a suitable cable I could borrow until my replacement arrives. I lost about a dy on the laptop, but I was busy with the party, so it was not a huge loss. Plus, a planned Google Hangout with Johnn Four was a non-entity. Thankfully, Johnn was understanding.
After so many other issues, it is no wonder that the writing last week was not a great success. I completed the first draft of the Little Wherry story, which always feels good. The next essay for Johnn went through some productive brainstorming, which sets me up for the next stage.
This week is now half-term, which means plenty of time with the boys, and not so much time for writing. The reduced targets look like this:
- 2 hours – Primary Goal – Smolensk pdf
- 1 hour – Secondary Goal – Johnn Four Essay
- 1 hours – Social Media – Visit different Forums and write five posts or comments
- 1.5 hours – Write long article and post regularly to the blog
- 1 hours – Fiction Goal – Edit Lowell’s Day
- 30 mins – Weekly Plan – Website
So, a modest set of goals for a week with the boys. I shall be pleased if I can achieve all this.
I hope you are all having a good week